Don't you love.....getting organised

I spent the whole day sorting the girls wardrobes, yes I know it sounds boring, but I enjoyed it.  When the seasons change I enjoy having a big tidy, unpacking the cupboards, sorting out what no longer fits, what will be put away, what will be passed on, what is simply worn out.

I have a little trick to keep it all tidy:  

1.  Sort clothes that will be kept by age.

2.  Fold neatly and stack into bundle.

3.  Use string to tie bundle securely.

4.  Write appropriate age or size onto label. 

5.  Tie label onto parcel with ends of string.

If I was really Martha Stewart I would have some gorgeous home made labels like these, just waiting for this very moment.  But since I am not I use the left over Christmas gift tags.

Its a satisfying task to complete. 
Tomorrow I am going to tackle the garage and see if I can unpack the last remaining boxes from our move six months ago.

Scissor string & spool set by Father Rabbit
Scalloped tags via LD Craft Supplies
Colourful tags via Little Paper Farmhouse




3 comments

  1. I sort the clothes by age like you do, but I never thought about tying them neatly into bundles - they're just tossed into giant Tupperware bins :-X Very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats what I used to do to. Every time I wanted something it took me ages to resort everything in the bin. But don't get the impression my house is Martha Stewart organised, I wish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I love all your comments so let me know what you are thinking if you have a moment.