in search of inspiration

I was thinking of peonies this morning and then I spotted this arrangement on Mo+Mo Living.  I am hoping to find some so that I can style up my gorgeous new West Elm lamp.  
Yes its arrived and its totally gorgeous and now I wish I had two.  

Sigh...I guess I can't have everything.

I will have to see if peonies are in season yet.

I am slightly obsessed with finding interesting light fittings at the moment. Australian retailers seem to offer lighting that is cheap and nasty, not so cheap but still nasty, boring, or beautiful and boy it must be gold plated to justify that price.  

I have been impressed by West Elm's style, quality and delivery, would highly recommend them to other Aussies.  We still have to put up the long arm chandelier that I ordered a month ago but its going to look gorgeous.   I love this pendant below (spotted in Pinterest but I can't find a credit).  Looks almost like a laundry hamper that has been turned upside down.  I think it might be this bamboo and cotton lamp from Dutch Ay Illuminate.

These pendants remind me of prayer lanterns.  These are Schooley Lamps by Mark Eden and I am determined to try and make one.  Will let you know if it works or if its a pinstrosity.  

Please let me know where you find your lights.

No comments

I love all your comments so let me know what you are thinking if you have a moment.