I am thrilled with the Christmas tree pinatas I made for our Christmas lunch table. They turned out a little larger than I had imagined but they look fabulous as centrepieces.
I did a little mock up of our table to give you the picture.
Miss E and Miss J don't know yet but I am going to stuff one pinata with chocolates and a few small toys. Imagine their faces when I tell them there are hidden treats.
I made tasseled ornaments for the plates, for a little extra vavavoom.
After lunch we will punch through the bottom for a final bit of festive fun.
Its not to late for you to make one too.
One evening crafting as you watch Christmas movies should do it.
- Make a cone out of cardboard
- Cut strips of fringe in the tissue paper colours that catch your fancy
- Glue the fringe layers, starting from the bottom and over lapping so that all layers are visible
- turn over and fill with treats
- glue layers of tissue paper over base to seal treats in
For inspiration visit this lovely tissue tassle diy at Linen Lace & Love.
I love the soft gold and pinks, seems I am still feeling in the pink.
Merry Christmas to one and all!