the art of display...how do they do it

2013 is going to be about finishing touches at our house.  Its time to edit, time to let go of those pieces of furniture that just aren't working, and time to make what we have work really well.  
We have lovely special things collected over the years, I just wish I had the knack of displaying them.  
These images below are master classes in styling.  Wouldn't that be a great way to start the year, have a stylist come to your home and refresh the decor with your own things.


Love this eclectic collection from a Cape Town home via House & Leisure (on of my favourite home magazines).  Copper, wood, glass, clay with a few floral elements - so lovely.  
















































My perfect country dining area (above via Greige), huge storage that doubles as display, space for books, and a huge rustic table for feasts with friends and family.
Monochrome with bone via Blood & Champagne.  I love skulls, the way this one has been framed with an empty frame is very clever.  Hmmmm I have some frames I like with nothing in them, need to think about that.

Monochrome with lots of textures via Number-Nineteen (left).  Home of Yvonne Kone via Emma's Design Blog (right).  Part of the problem is that I like very edited spaces, but I am a bit of a magpie in my own home.
from left: Acquired Objects, Rue Mag
Having a toddler on the loose does make it difficult.  These table height vignettes would not look like this for long with Miss J around.
If you have any tips, let me know, I would love to refresh our look for 2013.


1 comment

  1. I love that shelving, with all the plates - it is hard to decorate with a toddler though! I look forward to seeing how it all turns out:)

    ReplyDelete

I love all your comments so let me know what you are thinking if you have a moment.