top read, tween & tiny...with a green thumb twist

I come from a family of gardeners and I love that all of my family are inspired by the beauty of growing things, in our garden and in the world.  So its no surprise that these books hit the right note with all of us.

{Mr Owita's Guide to Gardening - Carol Wall}
I loved this book, an inspiring story of how we can choose how to live our lives, no matter what life throws at us.  We can choose to be kinder, better people, and wouldn't the world be a better place if we all did.  Based on a real story and told with great honesty, moving and memorable.

{The Secret Garden - Frances Hodgson Burnett}
An oldie but a goodie, a favourite from my childhood.  Another story of a friendship blossoming with a green thumb.  In fact a similar journey discovering the joy of gardening and the secret to having an open heart, just as in Mr Owita's sub title.

{Winnie the Pooh - AA Milne}
Miss J is obsessed with going on woozle hunts and visiting the 100 Acre Wood, so I thought this fit in here too.  Its lovely to see these old stories and characters magically come alive to a new generation.

No comments

I love all your comments so let me know what you are thinking if you have a moment.