To make your own you will need:
- white paper pockets - cut an envelope in half, buy smaller paper bags or make your own
- pretty copper number stickers from kikki.K's paper lovers book
- copper pipe (from Bunnings)
- a selection of ornaments: diamond shaped metallics from Ikea ($6 for 5 - bargain!)
- butchers twine or string
To assemble advent calendar:
- thread a length of twine through the copper pipe, knot ends together and hang on wall (removable 3M hooks mean you can hang your calendar anywhere)
- punch hole through corner of each paper pocket
- cut twine into 30cm strips and tie a pocket to each end
- drape each pair of pockets over the copper pipe
- position the pockets so that they can all be glimpsed
- decorate with christmas ornaments of your choice
- fill with sweeties or other small treats (of course)
Very easy and quick to do. You could just as easily use a piece of dowel or a stick from the garden, and any combination of christmas ornaments that take your fancy.
The trick is not to be to fussy and enjoy being creative with what you have.
Love that it is modern but still festive, and I love the soft metallics. I need to figure out how to keep this colour scheme going once Christmas is over.