little big girl inspiration...mint & pink

Miss J recently moved into a new bedroom and I am trying to give it a little bit of personality, to go with her big one.  The room below (by Lay Baby Lay) is my fave shared room right now, so pretty and feminine without being too sweet, so I am starting right here: mint, hint of pink, vintage but clean.

The bones are definately going to be white, the walls, bed linen, and curtain, adding a little colour with the decor.  I am planning to do a polka dot decal wall again, but Miss J insists it must be pink this time.  Love the mint pom pom trim, thinking of edging the curtains with that.  And I adore the bird wrapping paper from Cavallini, Miss J is fascinated by the egg and bird section of her animal encyclopedia so this should go down a treat.  Just that little bit of vintage feel, nothing to cutesy.

I will let Miss J choose some extra bits and bobs to add colour, hard for me not to control the whole design but I must learn to let go!  It is her room after all.  I love the mini tiles and ceramic crosses from Ahoy Trader (left and right above) and how cute is the tic tac toe set from K-Mart (a steal at just $9).

I think it is going to be really cute, just like Miss J.


No comments

I love all your comments so let me know what you are thinking if you have a moment.