I won't be taking:
- the 5 remaining white plates from the set of 12 that I can't get any more of
- ditto the wine glasses of various discontinued styles
- the gifts given with such care but never really used (makes me feel guilty already)
- a varied collection of Ikea candle holders bought for parties over the years
- the glass jar collection for those jams I am going to make "one quiet afternoon"
- the old bed linen which the girls have grown out of, or is slightly frayed, or has that one dodgey mark
- the pillowcases in the large floral print which I thought were a good idea for the guest bedroom (not)
- the 5 extra bamboo steamers I bought once for a large picnic
- a (surprisingly large) number of vases whose shapes I no longer like and which I haven't used in at least 5 years
- any tupperware without a matching lid
Why is it so hard to let these things go! Reading through the list makes me wonder why I still haven't already!
The dollars I save on moving these things, I am going to put into getting more of this great linen bedding for all our beds. Something we will enjoy every week and which won't just sit in the back of a cupboard. Even the cat thinks they are fab.